By Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones
- memoirs of homosexual Holocaust survivors and the emergence of the 1st lesbian and homosexual booklet membership in its wake
- homophobia within the office and using coming-out tales to reinforce office range
- the institution of a gay/straight alliance in a Salt Lake urban highschool that's seriously ruled via Mormons
- gay literary background that examines the works of Langston Hughes in addition to Martin Duberman, Paul Monette, and Edmund White with regards to the lesbian 70s
- creative nonfiction a few woman's love for an additional girl, her lifelong buddy
- Provincetown's notable group reaction to the AIDS epidemicA number of chapters written by means of the colleagues and previous scholars of John P. De Cecco, pioneering editor of the magazine of Homosexuality, A Sea of news takes its name from a word Dr. De Cecco utilized in his keynote handle to the “History and reminiscence” convention at Allegheny university in 1997. This convention sparked the belief for this number of essays that learn the gay event via historic, mental, and sociological viewpoints and homosexuality in literature. those brave tales will help readers to understand themselves extra deeply, to spot wih others, and to interpret homosexual and lesbian stories in numerous narrative kinds.
Read Online or Download A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco PDF
Best gay fiction books
Belfast, Northern eire, united kingdom. 1982. A membership known as again highway. A checklist shop. A coffeehouse. Gaz Donaghue is domestic after nearly 5 years within the States. Alice Reagan helps her top lady buddy open up a garments boutique. Nino Mitropoulos is in love. Jace Hanvey is homosexual. the road Urchins have reformed with a brand new singer.
A retired mystery carrier agent is named into motion for one final project: locate the misplaced baby of John and Jackie Kennedy he unknowingly followed out nearly forty years in the past less than orders of his power-hungry boss. alongside the way in which he additionally explores his rising wants to be intimate with one other man.
In 1920, Phineas Nathanial Trescott fought again opposed to the “Secret courtroom” of Harvard’s elite and their unjust purge of gay males. The individuals of the courtroom, fearing his effect, attacked him and threw him off a bridge to seem like a suicide. As Phineas lay within the river loss of life, he was once given the opportunity of everlasting existence, a existence that may let him to find the boys who had murdered him.
Luc and Dan, highschool scholars at a Denver boys’ university, meet within the past due 1970’s in the course of the glitz and glitter of the disco period, and regardless of society’s censure of homosexual love, they, with assistance from Luc’s ex-marine aunt, turn into enamored with one another. Oh, Danny Boy vividly describes their ardour because it evolves into an extreme love for every different whereas they turn into mature younger males.
- The Purging
- Home Work (Life Lessons Book 3)
- Hombres enlodados (Spanish Edition)
- Buddha's Bad Boys
- Gay Fiction Speaks: Conversations with Gay Novelists (Between Men~Between Women: Lesbian and Gay Studies)
Extra resources for A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco
A Sea of Stories: The Shaping Power of Narrative in Gay and Lesbian Cultures: A Festschrift for John P. DeCecco by Phd, John Dececco,Sonya L Jones